Electoral roll privacy notice
We need you, as part of our church family, to take an active part in the discussions and decisions made about your church, and your money. To be able to do that you need to be on the Parish Electoral Roll.
To download a form to print, click here ELECTORAL ROLL FORM
Who are we?
St Bartholomew’s and St Anne’s PCC is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Why do we process your personal data?
We use the personal data you provide on the electoral roll application form to enable us to manage, maintain and publish the electoral roll in accordance with Church Representation Rules (CRR) to:
- determine eligibility for attendance and participation at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting and for election to the Parochial Church Council, deanery, diocesan and general synods where applicable;
- calculate the number of representatives who may be elected to each of these synods in the following year;
- undertake a review and revision of the electoral roll as necessary; and
- publish your name and address, by exhibiting the roll in the parish church or the church website.
What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be shared within the institutional Church of England and with the general public.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for 6 years after a complete review of the electoral roll.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption you have the following rights with respect to your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing and to have that processing stopped;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Parish Office. St Bartholomew’s Church,
57 Church Hill.
Telephone:- 01902 576809
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.